Let me start off by saying people that participate in Dog Fighting as a hobby, are scum of the earth. Last Thursday I found myself in a situation that no one ever believes they will be in. My sweet little Dodger dog ran out the front door, while I was loading the kids up for a Starbucks run! I knew exactly where he was going, to the water he loves to play in the lake down the street. So I finished loading the girls and drove after him. Parked my car in the culdesac and ran down the path to the waterfront. I could see the girls in the car and I could see Dodger, just not how I imagined I would find him. I looked and Dodger was being the tug-of-war rope between 2 neighborhood boxers. I went into complete shock. My first thought was I have to stop this, but I can't get attacked and I cannot let Isabelle see this. SO I frantically start screaming, screaming so loud I got a fishing boat from the middle of the lake to come in. The owner of the dogs came running out and jumped in the middle of them. Me in complete hysterics kept running from Beach to car to assure my very impatient children that all was well.
To make a long story short, Dodger ended up completely limp, covered in blood and on the ground. I was positive my day was going to end with a funeral. The fisherman as kind and held Dodger while I composed myself. The site was horrible and by far the worst situation I have waltzed into, and the absolute most helpless I have ever felt. The great news is after 2 days in the doggie ICU he is alive & sleeping at the foot of my bed as I type. Although a long road to recovery is ahead, he is so lucky and so are we. No one is to blame and I will never be so carefree with my dog or others again...leash your dogs people, lesson learned!
No comments:
Post a Comment