Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Pregnancy: It's a love-hate thing!

I can honestly say I don't sugar coat my pregnancies...they are what they are and for me typically not the greatest thing ever. Now that I am well into my pregnancy I thought I would share some of the LOVELY things about pregnancy I have been reminded of in the past 14ish weeks. Also some of the things I can't wait to endure in the coming 26ish weeks!

The Hate...
-Feeling naseaous all day long...morning sickness-clearly a man invented that term!
-Peeing yourself everytime you sneeze, cough or laugh too hard-truly never gets old.
-Having such a specific craving, sending your husband on a wild goose chase to find it (that is fun) and then feeling so sick the moment it gets placed in front of you.
-The growth of hair on the stomach, not like gorilla hair or anything crazy...but peach fuzz.
-How full your hair gets...some might see that truly as a joy but I already have a full head of hair and at this point it is mostly an afro.
-The not being able to sleep on your stomach, and having to strategically prop yourself with pillows to get comfortable at night.
-The waddle that eventually comes
-The peeing all the time, and it only gets worse.
-The anxiety that comes with every twinge, cramp or odd feeling you get...I am slowly learning that our bodies are made to do this and to just trust it more.
-The complete exhaustion you feel during the day, I felt more exhausted pregnant than I did having a newborn up 1/2 the night.
-The way your body changes, not just in that cute pregnant basketball stomach way, but the way your feet expand, cheeks maybe widen, boobs get HUGE and who knows whatelse...if you need a visual ever seen Betthany from the Real Housewives of NY? Her face looked entirely different when she was preggo!
-How somedays you just want to be alone and you could come home to a clean house, cooked food and a happy husband, but you still want to be alone.
-The baby naming, it is way harder than you can EVER imagine...I almost wish they would come with a name :)

The Love...
-Hearing the babies heart beat, seeing the first ultrasound and feeling a first kick.
-Being able to crave Ice Cream/tacos/pickles/philly cheese steak at midnight and indulge in it.
-Feeling your baby get hiccups or have wild time in your belly.
-The end of pregnancy when you get to meet the baby-that for me is the ultimate joy of pregnancy.
-How Ice is the most amazing snack ever-it is easy to find and typically free
-Movie Theatre dinner, seriously sounds lame...but tastes so good. Catch a flick and grab a pretzel with cheese, popcorn, maybe a slushie...

I swore up and down Isabelle would be my only pregnancy and am happy that we decided to have 2. I can excitedly say this WILL be the last pregnancy for us and the Brown Family will be complete. I am trying my hardest to enjoy every pregnancy JOY because one day you miss it all when it is gone. I am looking forward to these next 6ish months to enjoy Isabelle to the max, and embrace my final pregnancy...it is all worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment