Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Toddling along...

I am 1 week away from having a wonderful TODDLER...wow, what a year. I have realized in the past month as my daughter has been changing from a baby into a toddler how exciting raising your child really is. The first 9 months I felt like she would of played with anyone, she needed me, wanted me for security and food. Now at almost a year, she wants me because she thinks I am awesome (or so I think). We spend a couple hours together every morning before work, just playing and laughing, she geniunely wants me, she loves me. I race home everyday after work and it is the same thing, she CARES that I am around and she wants to play with me. I am fun mom!! Such a good feeling, when you see your child look at you with so much love and admiration (I realize in about 10 years, I will REALLY be missing this).

I have also realized that in the past year, my baby has taught me more about myself, then I have ever known. Who would of thought, of all the influences I have had in my life, Isabelle has taught me the most. The other awesome thing about the transition from baby to toddler is I am realizing that she really is her mothers daughter...Uh-oh! Isabelle has turned into a sassy pants, that knows what she wants and when she wants it. I love it, I love her attitude. I am the type of mom that cannot wait to see what my daughter will become and mold her along the way. I always knew I wanted to be a mom, but wow is it cooler than ever imagined...so on that note, I have a birthday party I still need to finish planning, presents to buy and a few of the last baby days with Isabelle, bittersweet...I will never have a first born again, and I feel so lucky that I get to be her mom.

Mom, wife and Life thoughts...

  • Sunshine can be the best therapy ever, even with a tired baby, and three barking dogs. Our 2.5 mile walk around the park today was the highlight.
  • Staying up late at night because you are excited about something, is such a great feeling...just not so much the next morning.
  • It feels like it took almost a year for my husband and I to be great spouses again, after adding a baby into the mix...and now that we got our game back, I don't even remember the lows.
  • When your boss asks you for personal/professional advice it can be a great feeling, a nice feeling of respect.
  • It is totally okay to want something more out of life, and just when you think your plate is full, you carve out a little bit of time everyday to work on achieving it.
  • I think standing while gettting your diaper changed is super cute, but let's be honest...not too efficient.
  • Maybe 9 seasons of American Idol is 1 too many...or maybe my time has gotten more valuable since last season :)

No comments:

Post a Comment